- Operations Research, Logistics, Metaheuristics, Iterated Local Search, Combinatorial Optimization, Scheduling, Supply Chain Management
Business Analytics is the discipline of applying data-driven analytical methods and fact-based decision making to help making better decisions in business. Business Analytics focuses on developing new insights and understanding of business performance based on broad set of analytical methodologies including Statistical and Operations Research Methods. The BAR Group at UPF draws faculty from different areas at UPF and other associated universities.
- Ramalhinho Lourenço, H., Martin, O. and Stützle, T. (2019), Iterated Local Search: Framework and Applications. In Handbook of Metaheuristics, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science 272, Gendreau, J.-Y. Potvin (eds.), Springer International Publishing AG 129-168, DOI 978-3-319-91086-4_5.
- Pagès-Bernaus A., Ramalhinho H., Juan A.A., Calvet L. (2019), Designing E-commerce Supply Chains: a stochastic facility-location approach,International Transactions in Operational Research 26:2, 507-528. DOI: 10.1111/itor.12433.
- Grasas A., Juan, A.A. Faulin, J., De Armas, J. and Ramalhinho H. (2017), Biased Randomization of Heuristics using Skewed Probability Distributions: applications to routing and other problems, Computers & Industrial Engineering 110: 216–228. Doi: 10.1016/j.cie.2017.06.019.
- Coelho V.N., Grasas A., Ramalhinho H., Coelho I.M., Souza M.J.F. (2015), An ILS-based Algorithm to Solve a Large-scale Real Heterogeneous Fleet VRP with Multi-trips and Docking Constraints, European Journal of Operational Research (accepted for publication September 2015) doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2015.09.047.
- Grasas A., Juan, A.A. and Lourenço H.R. (2014), SimILS: A Simulation-based extension of the Iterated Local Search metaheuristic for Stochastic Combinatorial Optimization, Journal of Simulation (advance online publication 3 October 2014) doi:10.1057/jos.2014.25.
- Martins P., Ladrón A. and Ramalhinho H. (2014), Maximum Cut-Clique Problem: ILS Heuristics and a Data Analysis Application, International Transactions in Operational Research (accepted for publication July 25, 2014; published online September 5, 2014). DOI: 10.1111/itor.12120.
- Lourenço H.R., Martin O. and Stützle T. (2010), Iterated Local Search: Framework and Applications. In Handbook of Metaheuristics, 2nd. Edition. Vol.146. M. Gendreau and J.Y. Potvin (eds.), Kluwer Academic Publishers, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, pp. 363-397. Article.
- Juan, A. A., Faulin, J., Ferrer, A., Lourenco H.R., and Barros, B. (2013), MIRHA: Multi-start biased randomization of heuristics with adaptive local search for solving non-smooth routing problem. TOP: Volume 21, Issue 1, Pages 109-132. DOI 10.1007/s11750-011-0245-1. Article.
- See complete list: Publications
- Open Mathematics: Topical Issue on “Metaheuristics: Methods and Applications, Editorial Board.
- Journal of Applied Operational Research (JAOR), Editorial Board
- Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, Editorial Board (Production, Logistics, Quality, and Operational Research)
- BAR GROUP – Business Analytics Research Group
- CRES -Research Center on Economics and Health
- CIO -Operations Research Center. University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- The Association of European Operational Research Societies (EURO)
- Portuguese Association of Operations Research (ApdiON-LINE)